Sunday, June 28, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
It was still pouring when I left, but I made it home safely and Jack did VERY well in the car - despite the loud rain! I was so proud of myself!! After that trip, I felt so empowered and was ready to make my first shopping trip with Jack. When the storms were gone, I got the diaper bag ready, fed Jack, changed him, and got him in the car seat to go to Target. I had to capture a photo of his first trip...
He did so well at Target, we ended up going grocery shopping at Wal-Mart, and I rewarded myself with a Sonic drink since it was still happy hour! I was so proud of him... and me!
Josh and I had been debating all weekend whether or not we should attempt making it to church on Sunday and decided we would make it a last minute decision. Jack seemed a little fussy Sunday morning, but calmed down some after we gave him a bath. We decided we were going to do it! We got him dressed in his plaid overalls (I hate that I didn't get a photo!), and were off to church! We were running a little late, but we made it! It was so good to fellowship with our friends - Josh and I felt like we'd be gone for months even though it had only been a couple of weeks. After church, we went to Cotton Patch for lunch with the Franklins. Surprisingly, Jack slept through Sunday School AND lunch. It was great to be out of the house! We'll see how this week goes!!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Friday, June 5, 2009
Our first destination was Saledo, Texas. We shopped around and ate at the Stagecoach Inn, which apparently is the Saledo thing to do. There were so many cute little shops! My favorite was the awesome Bed and Breakfast he booked for us that night. Here are some photos:
On our way down to our 2nd destination, Josh took me to San Marcos for a long afternoon of shopping. I've never been before so I was ecstatic! Downside? 30 weeks pregnant, and a lot of walking in the heat! I think I would've enjoyed it more if I was able to shop for myself. Instead, we found a lot of things for Jack, which was good, too.
Josh booked us a few nights at the Hill Country Hyatt in San Antonio. It was so nice! We played golf, explored the town, got a couples' massage, and RELAXED. We found out that the resort is a nice place for families with kids, too. They had a lot of kids activities planned around the clock at the resort - everything from rock climbing, to floating the lazy river, to smores at the firepit, and late night movies on the lawn. If you're looking for a vacation spot for the family, this would be the place to go! And it's real close to Sea World.
The trip ended up being a nice "break" from life. I'm glad we took a trip before Jack came. Who knows when we'll be able to do something like this again!!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
(P.S. If you are reading this and said one of the following to me, please don't be offended - I'm not directing this posting at you - trust me, I've heard these comments from SEVERAL people!!)
- "You must be having a boy/girl. You're carrying high/low."
- "I KNOW you're having a boy/girl - I'm never wrong."
- "Boy, you are getting HUGE!"
- "Are you sure you're not having twins? I didn't get that big when I was pregnant!" (This came from a stranger - who was not "petite" - just about asked her what she was having.)
- "You're due date is when?! I would've guessed sooner."
- "You've got cankles!" (Don't they think I already know this?)
- "Are you going to make it?"
- "When I was pregnant. . ." (then you hear the same story over and over and over and over....)
- "Is your Doctor okay with how much weight you've gained?" (sorry Donna - this definitely made it on the list!!)
- "Are you vaccinating your baby?" (I actually got a book from someone on this topic!)
I'll add more as I think of them...
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Wow. Labor was completely different than I had imagined it. I'm not going to go into detail, but if you're interested, I'd be more than happy to tell you all about my experience. I will share a few things though:
- When it was time for me to go to the hospital, all my anxiety about labor had subsided. Josh and I prayed that morning, and I think the Lord gave me a peace about the whole thing. I knew that it had to happen - whether it was going to be that Wednesday or the next, Jack was coming out of me and He was in control. I knew Josh was going to be by my side the whole time. It also helped that he put together some songs for us to listen to and bible verses to encourage me while I was in labor.
- I'm a pretty modest person, but for this occasion, I had to learn to get over it. Everyone and their mom (not literally) gets to see you down there. Your doctor isn't the only one that "checks" you down there. The nurses do, too. And for me, there were multiple nurses. Then, a lactation nurse came in to watch me feed my baby, then adjusted me without even asking. I think they just assume if you are breast-feeding, they can do that.
- When Jack finally made his debut, I just had the hardest time comprehending how that little life was in me for 9 months - and how he fit - and how he was able to get out!! It's unreal how God planned it all for us. In His perfect timing, He blessed us with a child we prayed for diligently. Our Almighty Creator formed Jack's heart in me, and we got to see it at our first sonogram. God chose US to be Jack's parents. How blessed are we to be part of His plan!