Friday, June 5, 2009

Our 5 Year Anniversary

Today is our 5 year wedding anniversary. Crazy that we've been married that long - before I know it, we'll be celebrating 10 years!! Well, since we were expecting Jack to come around this time, which he did, Josh surprised me with a early anniversary trip back in March. I was about 30 weeks pregnant. If you plan on taking a trip while pregnant, I would suggest taking it BEFORE you're 30 weeks along. Your experience might be different from mine, but I got winded more easily and we didn't get to do much. It was kind of nice just to relax a bit, but I'm still learning how to do that on vacations. When I go on vacation, I like to do things and see things, so this trip was a different one for me. Josh planned everything, so I had no idea where we were going and what we were going to do.

Our first destination was Saledo, Texas. We shopped around and ate at the Stagecoach Inn, which apparently is the Saledo thing to do. There were so many cute little shops! My favorite was the awesome Bed and Breakfast he booked for us that night. Here are some photos:

On our way down to our 2nd destination, Josh took me to San Marcos for a long afternoon of shopping. I've never been before so I was ecstatic! Downside? 30 weeks pregnant, and a lot of walking in the heat! I think I would've enjoyed it more if I was able to shop for myself. Instead, we found a lot of things for Jack, which was good, too.

Josh booked us a few nights at the Hill Country Hyatt in San Antonio. It was so nice! We played golf, explored the town, got a couples' massage, and RELAXED. We found out that the resort is a nice place for families with kids, too. They had a lot of kids activities planned around the clock at the resort - everything from rock climbing, to floating the lazy river, to smores at the firepit, and late night movies on the lawn. If you're looking for a vacation spot for the family, this would be the place to go! And it's real close to Sea World.

The trip ended up being a nice "break" from life. I'm glad we took a trip before Jack came. Who knows when we'll be able to do something like this again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment