Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Jack's Here!!

Wow. Labor was completely different than I had imagined it. I'm not going to go into detail, but if you're interested, I'd be more than happy to tell you all about my experience. I will share a few things though:

  • When it was time for me to go to the hospital, all my anxiety about labor had subsided. Josh and I prayed that morning, and I think the Lord gave me a peace about the whole thing. I knew that it had to happen - whether it was going to be that Wednesday or the next, Jack was coming out of me and He was in control. I knew Josh was going to be by my side the whole time. It also helped that he put together some songs for us to listen to and bible verses to encourage me while I was in labor.
  • I'm a pretty modest person, but for this occasion, I had to learn to get over it. Everyone and their mom (not literally) gets to see you down there. Your doctor isn't the only one that "checks" you down there. The nurses do, too. And for me, there were multiple nurses. Then, a lactation nurse came in to watch me feed my baby, then adjusted me without even asking. I think they just assume if you are breast-feeding, they can do that.
  • When Jack finally made his debut, I just had the hardest time comprehending how that little life was in me for 9 months - and how he fit - and how he was able to get out!! It's unreal how God planned it all for us. In His perfect timing, He blessed us with a child we prayed for diligently. Our Almighty Creator formed Jack's heart in me, and we got to see it at our first sonogram. God chose US to be Jack's parents. How blessed are we to be part of His plan!
Here are a few photos of our little guy. He weighed in at 7lbs 15 oz, and is 20 inches long. I think he's a spitting image of Josh. HA! Just kidding. I think the only thing Jack takes after Josh is his feet. I'm sure there will be more pictures to follow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment