Thursday, June 4, 2009

Annoying Pregnancy Comments

Today's posting is dedicated to those who are expecting a child in the near future. Below were the annoying comments I got from friends/family/loved ones/strangers while I was pregnant. Some of them may not seem to bug you, but they sure did start to bother me after hearing them several times. Now that I've been on this side of the fence, I'm sure going to be more cautious of what I say to expecting moms!!
(P.S. If you are reading this and said one of the following to me, please don't be offended - I'm not directing this posting at you - trust me, I've heard these comments from SEVERAL people!!)
  1. "You must be having a boy/girl. You're carrying high/low."
  2. "I KNOW you're having a boy/girl - I'm never wrong."
  3. "Boy, you are getting HUGE!"
  4. "Are you sure you're not having twins? I didn't get that big when I was pregnant!" (This came from a stranger - who was not "petite" - just about asked her what she was having.)
  5. "You're due date is when?! I would've guessed sooner."
  6. "You've got cankles!" (Don't they think I already know this?)
  7. "Are you going to make it?"
  8. "When I was pregnant. . ." (then you hear the same story over and over and over and over....)
  9. "Is your Doctor okay with how much weight you've gained?" (sorry Donna - this definitely made it on the list!!)
  10. "Are you vaccinating your baby?" (I actually got a book from someone on this topic!)

I'll add more as I think of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment