Saturday, August 15, 2009

Spa Day!!

So, a while back, Melissa and I planned a relaxing afternoon with lunch and an afternoon by the pool. While the three of us were wrapping up lunch at Panera Bread, I found a flyer at the coffee station for a spa special for $99. At first, I strolled right by it... then I had to go back and grab it to show Melissa. At first, I jokingly mentioned that we should go treat ourselves to this "Pamper Yourself From Head to Toe" special, especially since she had a final project and test coming up and I would soon be going back to work. As I started reading out loud what was included in the package, we both knew we needed to call and book ourselves a session. Here's what the $99 included:
-custom balancing facial
-half hour relaxing body massage
-bright eye zone treatment
-eyebrow design and shaping
-profesional GloMineral makeup application and lesson
-shampoo, design and style or updo
PLUS the first 50 callers would get an additional half hour body massage for FREE!
We rushed back to her place and booked our sessions, and yes, we were one of the first 50 callers. Woohoo!

Our spa day was last Friday. I got Jack a babysitter for the first time ever - of course I was a nervous wreck!! But I had so much fun getting pampered at the spa (even though I'd check my phone every few minutes). I even got my hair cut while I was there. I was so excited about getting back to Jack, though! The sitter said he did well and she was still in one piece when I got home. It's so great to get the "firsts" out of the way - it only gets easier after that, right?

Melissa and Mike offered to babysit that evening so Josh and I could go on our first date as parents. It was so nice to be out together! We went to PF Changs for dinner, did a little shopping, went to Marble Slab for ice cream, and were back to pick up Jack by 9PM that night. It was a short date, but the evening was so much more enjoyable since we didn't have to haul a car seat around and wonder if we were interrupting someone's evening out with our crying baby.
Here's Jack and Mike hanging out watching a movie:
Josh and I picking up Jack... if they'd let us, we would've probably left Jack there! Not really - I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten any sleep because I'd be checking my phone every few minutes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment