Sunday, August 30, 2009

No Longer a Newborn

Jack is now an infant. He turned 3 months old on August 27th. It's kind of sad! Although, I have to admit, I am enjoying him more now than I have before. Here's what he's doing at 3 months:
  1. He's less fussy. I don't think he was ever colicky, but I was starting to wonder. By weeks 8-10, he started to improve quite a bit! He was actually pleasant to be around!
  2. Jack started sleeping 9-10 hours consistently around week 9-10... just before he started daycare and before I had to get back to work. It's been so nice to get a full night's rest these days!
  3. He's started to talk, smile, and laugh. My favorite is when he smiles, then buries his head into our shoulder - like he's being shy. It's the sweetest thing ever!
  4. Jack's holding his head up really well.
  5. He makes eye contact with you and will hold it for a long time.
  6. He rolls over from his tummy to back.
  7. Every now and then during the night, he'll spin around in his crib... meaning, when we go in to wake him up in the morning, his head is where his feet were when we put him down for bed!
  8. He's starting to wake up happy.
  9. His baby acne is FINALLY starting to clear up! He still has a few here and there, but I was starting to wonder if he'd have them forever!
  10. He's starting to pack on the pounds... my big boy!!

It's kind of starting to hit me that Jack is not going to be a baby for much longer. It's amazing to see his development each day. And more amazing to feel how our love for him grows more and more each day!

1 comment:

  1. how precious!!! time for another playdate. I see him in the nursery more than i see you. he's always behaving wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete