Friday, February 11, 2011

What's Cookin'?

J came home tonight from being gone a couple of days on a recruiting trip to the Motherland, i.e. College Station.  Yes, I was jealous.  He got to eat at Wings and More and saw some of our old professors and friends from college.  Trips like this make me miss working in the Construction Industry... almost.

Anyhoo, I figured since he probably ate out every meal that he should have a meal at home.  So I fixed this for dinner.

BBQ Chicken, Roasted Asparagus, and Biscuits
Nothing super fancy.  It's kind of a random combination, but it's what we had in the fridge and needed to use.  I didn't want the asparagus to go bad.  Ever run into that situation?

I marinated the chicken with Stubbs Chicken Marinade overnight.  J LOVES this stuff.
Then, 10 minutes before it was done in the oven, I brushed the chicken with some BBQ sauce.

On the asparagus: I tossed it on a baking sheet with some olive oil, sea salt, and course pepper, then cooked it in the oven on broil.  It took about 8-10 minutes.

The buscuits were frozen.  I'm all about easy there.

We didn't have anything for dessert, so I suggested we go around the block to McDonald's for some soft serve. 
Doesn't this photo make you salivate?  I LOVE McDonald's soft serve ice cream.  I even think it's better than Dairy Queen's!  If you've never had it, please go try some... and invite me along.  We were shocked when our two cones rang up for $1.06.  Not sure if the cones go on "sale" for the winter, but we were pleasantly surprised!

The only thing that stinks is I have to share my cone with J-Dub.  But he's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment