- Boil chicken until done (I use chicken breasts and thighs). Remove chicken and place in bowl to cool, and save broth in pot.
- Saute a couple cloves of chopped garlic, chopped onions and chopped celery until tender.
- Add the above to the pot. Add sliced carrots.
- Add in some dried basil, dried oregano, garlic salt, salt and pepper to taste.
- When chicken is cooled, shred it and throw into soup.
- Add your homemade noodles to the soup.
- Cook for at least 20-30 minutes on low to medium heat. (I do longer because I like my noodles tender.)
- NOTE: To thicken up the soup, I took about 1/2 a cup of the broth and mixed it with about a Tbsp or 2 of cornstarch in a measuring cup. I kept repeating until I got the right thickness I wanted.
- ANOTHER NOTE: If you need to add more liquid to your soup, use chicken broth instead of water.
J likes to top his soup with grated cheese. I think that's weird. Anyone else do that out there so I can think it's less weird?
Anyway, hope you enjoy! Again, if you have a recipe you'd like to share, please feel free to!! :)